Biker Blah Blah
Please login or register to access full benefits of this forum.
Biker Blah Blah

Forum for MBVROC, the Manitoba chapter of Vulcan Riders and Owners Club (VROC)

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MBVROC patch order is now available. Some spares, contact Dmon for details.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» just a "Hello"
Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:30 pm by TomW

» entire rear wheel assembly for 1600 Nomad
Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:58 am by Dmon

» Mustang seat and other stuff for 1500 Classic
Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:45 am by Dmon

» MBVROC Rides
Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:30 pm by Nomad

» riding in the rain
Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:54 am by TomW

» Garage in Winniopeg
Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:41 pm by TomW

» Sunday July 07.
Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:53 pm by TomW

» Motorcycle lift for sale
Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:59 pm by Dmon

» Future of MBVROC
Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:33 pm by TomW

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

Share | 

Spring is here...Again!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bullet

PostSubject: Spring is here...Again!!   Tue May 03, 2011 11:34 pm

Hopefully it will stick around for little longer than the last time... some heat would be nice too.

Anyone else looking to go on the Ride for Dad on the 28th?? Should be a blast!

Bullet
Back to top Go down
PrairieGirl

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Wed May 04, 2011 8:20 am

I'm registered and collecting pledges and ready to ride! I would like to hook up with some other VROCers to ride with, and it looks like D'Mon is going too. Could we meet somewhere and head over there together that morning?
Back to top Go down
Dmon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Wed May 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Jane and I are planning on it, but if it snows....

We've never been to it before, so we will probably just pay the entry instead of pledge. I guess I better get my butt in gear - my bike is on the lift to do some work and we have uninsured both bikes for a couple of weeks.

PrairieGirl

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Wed May 04, 2011 9:26 pm

For those who are going to ride.....I hope we can meet and ride together. For those who are not able to attend but would like to contribute, you can donate thru my pledge page, or thru any other rider's page. Thank you for your support!
http://eventsonline.ca/events/ridefordad/pledgeprofile.php?id=JME2198115
PrairieGirl
Back to top Go down
Dmon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Thu May 05, 2011 11:24 am

I'd like to ride together as well. Does anyone think that pulling the trailer with the club banner seem appropriate? I can do so, but don't know how the banner would fare on the highway.

Just thinking of riding, makes this bloody cubicle into a prison! AAAARRRGH! geek

PrairieGirl

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Thu May 05, 2011 12:45 pm

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the ride is sort of separated into two parts....the "parade" led by the police through the city, then the poker run portion, where people seem to split up into smaller groups to do the highway portion. Maybe it would be possible to pull the trailer for the city part of the ride, and then drop the trailer off someplace safe and head out for the highway part. It might be best to check with the organizers about that.

Btw, I feel your pain, D'Mon.....I spend my days in a cube too.
Back to top Go down
Bullet

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Thu May 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Hey guys... looks like the gathering place for the ride is at the south end of the polo park shopping center near Earl's. What if we meet at a Tim's nearby and ride over to polo park together? Just talk to John this morning, and he is interested in joining the the ride as well.
Anyone have a suggestion as to which Tim's we should meet at and what time? On ride day they have registration from 8 to 9 and the departure time is 10am

Bullet
Back to top Go down
Dmon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Thu May 05, 2011 2:24 pm

If you insist on meeting at <ick> Timmies, there is one on the west side of St. James St, the street that frames the west side of Polo Park. Decent parking lot, with an ajascent parking lot for some furniture place that will be unused that early., and a straight shot down St. James to Polo Park. There is also a Timmies on the north side of Portage Ave at Ferry Rd, about a mile west of PP (decent parking lot, and a light to cross Poratage Ave). Going east, there is a Timmies on the south side just a block past the old Burger Factory (Zak's now), about a mile east of Polo Park. Small parking lot, though....There is construction under the Empress Overpass just east of PP, but this early in the morning I can't see it affecting traffic flow.

Of course, there is the Timmies at Unicity Mall on Portage Ave. Tons of parking, but 6 miles from Polo Park, and a devil to get to PP off Portage- would have to take the Empress Overpass and loop back. Same would go for the Ferry Rd Timmies.

Decisions, decisions.... I'd recommend either the St. James or one east of PP.

PrairieGirl

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Thu May 05, 2011 2:57 pm

I'd suggest the Tim's on St James St (between St Matthews and Ellice) as it is close to Polo Park and so no matter what direction people are coming from, there won't be too much back-tracking. It can be super busy (as Tim's always are---because they're so good Dmon!) so if anyone wants to get breakfast or coffee, they should plan to arrive a bit early.
Back to top Go down
Bullet

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Thu May 05, 2011 4:04 pm

The Tim's on St james it is then... we're gonna try and make it in for about 8:30ish. Hopefully the weather will have smartened up by then!!
Back to top Go down
Dmon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Thu May 05, 2011 4:41 pm

<blech> They burn their beans.... Icecaps are good though, and their breakfast sandwiches blow McD outta the water!

St. James for 8:30 it is. If the weather doesn't cooperate, we'll just have to get studded bike tires! What a Face

Now, this is for Ride for Dad.... shall we meet for the Breast Cancer rally as well? If so, I'd advise the Timmies at Unicity as the start point - easy 3/4 mile run from Unicity parking lot turning right and down Portage Ave to the turnoff for Assiniboia Downs. BTW, the breakfast for the Breast Cancer run last year was excellent!

Bullet

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Sun May 08, 2011 9:57 am

Dmon wrote:
Now, this is for Ride for Dad.... shall we meet for the Breast Cancer rally as well? If so, I'd advise the Timmies at Unicity as the start point - easy 3/4 mile run from Unicity parking lot turning right and down Portage Ave to the turnoff for Assiniboia Downs. BTW, the breakfast for the Breast Cancer run last year was excellent!

I happen to be working the weekend of the breast cancer run, so I can't make that one
Back to top Go down
Bullet

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Wed May 11, 2011 1:34 am

PrairieGirl wrote:
For those who are going to ride.....I hope we can meet and ride together. For those who are not able to attend but would like to contribute, you can donate thru my pledge page, or thru any other rider's page. Thank you for your support!
PrairieGirl

Hey PG... shall we pledge each other??
http://eventsonline.ca/events/ridefordad/pledgeprofile.php?id=JME2276877
Back to top Go down
PrairieGirl

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Wed May 11, 2011 6:19 am

Bullet wrote:
PrairieGirl wrote:
PrairieGirl

Hey PG... shall we pledge each other??
http://eventsonline.ca/events/ridefordad/pledgeprofile.php?id=JME2276877

Done! Thanks for your pledge, and I look forward to seeing you on the 28th. It will be here before you know it.
Back to top Go down
Bullet

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Wed May 11, 2011 12:20 pm

PrairieGirl wrote:

Done! Thanks for your pledge, and I look forward to seeing you on the 28th. It will be here before you know it.

Thanks for your pledge and we'll see you on the 28th... if not sooner!!
Back to top Go down
Dmon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Thu May 12, 2011 2:01 pm

I'm signed up. But don't pledge to mine - I can't afford both rallys and pledging to everyone that rides with me! ;o(

So, are we going to join a group, or just leave it loose and free? Let me know - I can sign up an MBVROC group easy enough.

PrairieGirl

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Thu May 12, 2011 4:29 pm

If you sign us up as a group, am I able to transfer all my pledges over to the group? Or do I still have my own pledge page? Any idea how that works?
Back to top Go down
Bullet

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Thu May 12, 2011 7:54 pm

PrairieGirl wrote:
If you sign us up as a group, am I able to transfer all my pledges over to the group? Or do I still have my own pledge page? Any idea how that works?

Not sure how that works... maybe we'll just leave the team/group thing for this year and try it for next year.
Back to top Go down
PrairieGirl

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Thu May 26, 2011 6:22 am

I'm hoping (along with a few thousand other people) that it doesn't rain on Saturday, but it is not looking too promising at the moment. I'm picking up my new bike on Friday after work, so no matter how it goes, I'll be joining a huge group for my first ride on the new bike, which already isn't ideal. Once you add in rain, it's making me kind of nervous. Would I be a total wimp if I just did the city part of the ride and then met you guys later at the wind-up? Rolling Eyes I guess I'll play it by ear as the day goes on....maybe it will be fine and I'm worrying for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Bullet

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Thu May 26, 2011 6:25 pm

PrairieGirl wrote:
I'm hoping (along with a few thousand other people) that it doesn't rain on Saturday, but it is not looking too promising at the moment. I'm picking up my new bike on Friday after work, so no matter how it goes, I'll be joining a huge group for my first ride on the new bike, which already isn't ideal. Once you add in rain, it's making me kind of nervous. Would I be a total wimp if I just did the city part of the ride and then met you guys later at the wind-up? Rolling Eyes I guess I'll play it by ear as the day goes on....maybe it will be fine and I'm worrying for nothing.

You do what you feel most comfortable with PG... don't worry about what others will think. You need to feel safe, and with riding a new bike, if your not comfortable riding in the conditions that we get, you have the option of bowing out or riding solo behind the group at your own pace. It's up to you girl! Wink
Back to top Go down
Dmon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Thu May 26, 2011 8:42 pm

PG, do what you feel comfortable with. Keep in mind that new tires have a slick releasing agent on the outer surface that wears off during the first hundred miles, and in rain the lack of traction is even worse. IF you just ride the city part you will do more than necessary!

To be honest, I do not know how far Jane and I will go - we are about to finish a week of cutting and removing sod and dirt, shoveling gravel and slinging patio stones to create a driveway to our garage in the back yard- about 60 of them, each 100lbs. We are totally wiped out! We're going for the rally, but may just do the city part as well. Fortunately, it is raining tomorrow so we are not doing any gravel shovelling and will rest and relax and hopefully recover.

Vacation? WHAT vacation???

Bullet

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Thu May 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Dmon wrote:
we are about to finish a week of cutting and removing sod and dirt, shoveling gravel and slinging patio stones to create a driveway to our garage in the back yard- about 60 of them, each 100lbs. We are totally wiped out! We're going for the rally, but may just do the city part as well. Fortunately, it is raining tomorrow so we are not doing any gravel shovelling and will rest and relax and hopefully recover.

Vacation? WHAT vacation???

AAAH... the joys of homeownership. I feel your pain Dmon!! Hang in there Smile
Back to top Go down
PrairieGirl

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   Thu May 26, 2011 9:39 pm

Thanks Bullet and Dmon.....I'm going to see how the weather is and see how I feel riding. I'd sure like to do the whole thing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring is here...Again!!   

Back to top Go down

Spring is here...Again!!
Page 1 of 1