Biker Blah Blah
Please login or register to access full benefits of this forum.
Biker Blah Blah

Forum for MBVROC, the Manitoba chapter of Vulcan Riders and Owners Club (VROC)

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MBVROC patch order is now available. Some spares, contact Dmon for details.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» just a "Hello"
Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:30 pm by TomW

» entire rear wheel assembly for 1600 Nomad
Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:58 am by Dmon

» Mustang seat and other stuff for 1500 Classic
Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:45 am by Dmon

» MBVROC Rides
Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:30 pm by Nomad

» riding in the rain
Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:54 am by TomW

» Garage in Winniopeg
Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:41 pm by TomW

» Sunday July 07.
Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:53 pm by TomW

» Motorcycle lift for sale
Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:59 pm by Dmon

» Future of MBVROC
Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:33 pm by TomW

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

Share | 

Headingley Sport Shop Ride

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PrairieGirl

PostSubject: Headingley Sport Shop Ride   Mon May 09, 2011 3:18 pm

I just noticed on the Headingley Sport Shop website that they are having a ride night on Monday, May 16. Weather permitting, ride leaves HSS at 7 pm. The ride is open to all makes and models of street bikes.

Dmon, would you mind putting this on the calendar....even after you explained to me the other day how to do this, I do not see the calendar option at the bottom. I wonder if only you have that option because you are the moderator?
Back to top Go down
PrairieGirl

PostSubject: Re: Headingley Sport Shop Ride   Fri May 13, 2011 10:51 pm

Hello? Anybody there?

I'm going to go to the Headingley SS ride on Monday night, so if anyone else is able to make it, that'll be great, and if not....I'll let you know how it goes. With all the flooding in Southern Manitoba right now, we are running out of ride destinations.

Of course the people who are being seriously affected by the flood have problems about a million times bigger than that. So I'm sending out positive thoughts and prayers and good vibes to all the people in the flood zones tonight. All the best...I hope you can stay dry and keep your homes safe. I'm hoping for warm and sunny weather ahead for all of us.
Back to top Go down
Chili

PostSubject: Re: Headingley Sport Shop Ride   Fri May 13, 2011 11:10 pm

PG, I do not see any options for adding events to the calendar and I expect it would be restricted to moderators based on my experience moderating another forum. I may head out to the HSS ride on Monday if nothing else comes up. If you're looking for some riding the CMC is heading out Sunday from the Timmies at 1040 Beaverhill Blvd, KSU @ 11:45, I'll be there.
Back to top Go down
Bullet

PostSubject: Re: Headingley Sport Shop Ride   Sat May 14, 2011 2:32 am

Did somebody mention a ride???? sounds like a plan... I'll talk to my co-pilot.
Back to top Go down
Dmon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Headingley Sport Shop Ride   Mon May 16, 2011 3:52 pm

Well, better late than never.... I've posted the rides for the summer - looks like tonight at least will be a great riding evening. Wish I was going with you....

Chili

PostSubject: Re: Headingley Sport Shop Ride   Mon May 16, 2011 4:19 pm

PG, It's pretty unlikely I'll be attending this one, my folks just called and will be in town by 5pm so that kills tonight. Not sure my face could take any more sun after yesterdays ride as I'm brighter than any LED brake light right now!
Back to top Go down
Dmon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Headingley Sport Shop Ride   Mon May 16, 2011 4:29 pm

Ok, I've also added the HSS ride on to our Marquis banner. Boy, I really like that thing....

As for posting onto the calendar, sorry. I had not realized that it had been set to only allow administrators to post to the calendar - I've found the correct check box and checked it. Any member (that is signed in) should have access to adding to the calendar. Bear in mind that you must post in the General Chat for the option to work - I may in future make a new folder just for calendar entries, but for now it has to be in General Chat. Look for the blue bar below your post, marked Calendar. Click on the little + sign over to the right of it, it will open the calendar settings. Also bear in mind that only the originator of a post can add it to the calendar, and only from the original posting message (although it can be added after teh posting has been saved by going back and editing it).

If this doesn't work, PM me and I'll get an email. I can go in and add it for anyone having difficulties. What a Face

Bullet

PostSubject: Re: Headingley Sport Shop Ride   Mon May 16, 2011 7:34 pm

just left HSS about an hour ago ( had the bike in for service). Won't be able to make the ride tonight though... working tonight. Sad
Back to top Go down
PrairieGirl

PostSubject: Re: Headingley Sport Shop Ride   Tue May 17, 2011 7:00 am

I had an awesome fun time at the HSS ride last night. Very Happy Three of their staff took out 3 new bikes that will become their demo/test ride bikes--2 brand new Victorys and the Kawasaki Vaquero, which started the ride with an odometer reading of "1". I rode one of their bikes too, the Vulcan Classic 900 LT, which is the upgraded, new version of mine. It was a perfect evening for a ride, complete with a colourful sunset, and a full moon rising to light the way home. Thank you for a great time, HSS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headingley Sport Shop Ride   

Back to top Go down

Headingley Sport Shop Ride
Page 1 of 1