Biker Blah Blah
Please login or register to access full benefits of this forum.
Biker Blah Blah

Forum for MBVROC, the Manitoba chapter of Vulcan Riders and Owners Club (VROC)

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MBVROC patch order is now available. Some spares, contact Dmon for details.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» just a "Hello"
Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:30 pm by TomW

» entire rear wheel assembly for 1600 Nomad
Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:58 am by Dmon

» Mustang seat and other stuff for 1500 Classic
Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:45 am by Dmon

» MBVROC Rides
Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:30 pm by Nomad

» riding in the rain
Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:54 am by TomW

» Garage in Winniopeg
Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:41 pm by TomW

» Sunday July 07.
Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:53 pm by TomW

» Motorcycle lift for sale
Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:59 pm by Dmon

» Future of MBVROC
Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:33 pm by TomW

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

Share | 

Concours d"Excellence Aftermath

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dmon
Admin

PostSubject: Concours d"Excellence Aftermath   Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:01 pm

So, it's over for another year, the tables have been put away and the garbage collected, and it's all over. My personal thanks as well as thanks from the club in general to all the volunteers- we had enough to cover all bases. A special thanks to Brad "Spitz" Knight who came out despite being on call during the show, Sherri who is no longer riding (but eying the 900's), and my parents who came out and helped just because I asked. And of course, Jane.... she provided a neutral opinion, a shoulder to cry on, to beat on and someone to rant and rave to during the whole planning stage as well as helping out both as a judge and as a BBQ'er.

The BBQ was a success again - we did not sell out this year but we are solvent for another year. YAY - no membership fees! As an FYI, HSS not only organizes the BBQ for us, but contributes all proceeds (and donates all the supplies for the BBQ) to the club. A really big THANK YOU to HSS, our sponsoring dealership and our friends.

We made just over $300 which is enough to cover another year of the website and the domain, and enough for the costs of the show and shine for next Concours d'Elegance. BTW, let me know what you folks thought of the prizes and if you want me to do the same thing next year or if we want to go with trophies only. With a full year to look, I think I could find some kickin stuff for next year's catagories. Also, let me know what you thought of the classifications - the idea was courtesy of my fellow club founder, Terry "Pit Bull" Sheppard. Personally, I really liked it and enjoyed setting it up. The swap meet was a flop, but due to two reasons- one, it was the first year for it and two, it was not advertised enough or eary enough. I've talked with HSS and we will go ahead next year again and see if we can get more participation. And I think I'll make up a really big sign too.

If anyone has any ideas or observations about how everything went or suggestions for next year, let me know. After all, this is a club, not a "follow what Glenn wants to do" group. I'm open to any ideas or criticisms. Once again, thanks to everyone who came out and especially to my volunteers! MBVROC members are Aces!

PrairieGirl

PostSubject: Re: Concours d"Excellence Aftermath   Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:39 pm

I would like to make a suggestion regarding the Swap Meet. I think it needs to be moved up front, where all the other action is.....that's where the motorcycles are, that's where the people are. I know some people made their way back to the tables, but alot of people didn't even know there was stuff for sale back there. Up in the main parking lot, aside from the obvious events like the Show and Shine and the test rides, people were hanging out, talking with their friends, talking with other riders, passing the time, enjoying the day, and I think if there were tables filled with motorcycle related things to buy....they would be looking and (potentially, hopefully!) buying. Smile
Back to top Go down

Concours d"Excellence Aftermath
Page 1 of 1