Biker Blah Blah
Please login or register to access full benefits of this forum.
Biker Blah Blah
Please login or register to access full benefits of this forum.
Biker Blah Blah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Biker Blah Blah

Forum for MBVROC, the Manitoba chapter of Vulcan Riders and Owners Club (VROC)

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MBVROC patch order is now available. Some spares, contact Dmon for details.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» just a "Hello"
Places to see (and or avoid) EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 8:30 pm by TomW

» entire rear wheel assembly for 1600 Nomad
Places to see (and or avoid) EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:58 am by Dmon

» Mustang seat and other stuff for 1500 Classic
Places to see (and or avoid) EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:45 am by Dmon

» MBVROC Rides
Places to see (and or avoid) EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 5:30 pm by Nomad

» riding in the rain
Places to see (and or avoid) EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:54 am by TomW

» Garage in Winniopeg
Places to see (and or avoid) EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 4:41 pm by TomW

» Sunday July 07.
Places to see (and or avoid) EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 6:53 pm by TomW

» Motorcycle lift for sale
Places to see (and or avoid) EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:59 pm by Dmon

» Future of MBVROC
Places to see (and or avoid) EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:33 pm by TomW

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

Places to see (and or avoid)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kevin

Places to see (and or avoid) Empty
PostSubject: Places to see (and or avoid)   Places to see (and or avoid) EmptyTue May 31, 2011 1:24 am

Looking for some advice from all you peeps. Heading for Yellowstone-Las Angeles and back via Pacific Coast Highway in about 2 weeks. Any ideas on what to see or avoid? Plan is for tenting along the way and hotel every 2-3 days or as needed. Only have 2 1/2 weeks so should be able to tear up some road. Any help will be of great use.
Thanks in advance
Kevin
Back to top Go down
Dmon
Admin
Dmon

PostSubject: Re: Places to see (and or avoid)   Places to see (and or avoid) EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:14 pm

My advice:

1) invest in a good thick sheepskin for sitting on. It helps prevent "monkey-butt"- the prickly heat rash you WILL get otherwise. No fun riding on an itchy butt! The thicker teh wool/fur, the better!
2) invest in a very good air mattress or inflatable bed. The smallest pebble feels HUGE under your back after riding for 10 hours.
3) take a cooler with you and keep bottled water in it. The club did Sturgis in 2003, and I had my old cooler "Big Red" strapped onto the passenger seat the whole trip. Everyone stayed hydrated and that is very important - we had temps around 100F, and you will get at least that when you get near LA
4) <chuckle> be sure to take lots of wooden stakes - Los Angeles is full of vampires! Just watch some reruns of Angel - you'll see! Twisted Evil

I'd also advise investing or building a handlebar mount for your camera. But it depends on how you like to travel- stopping to take pics or taking pics/videos while travelling.... affraid

And have fun!
Back to top Go down
https://mbvroc.canadian-forum.com
kevin

PostSubject: Back from the edge of the Pacific   Places to see (and or avoid) EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:54 pm

What a ride. 10 days and just short 0f 10,000km. Bear-tooth pass was opened a couple of days before I got there and was cold at the top with skiers and snowmobiles everywhere. Thought I was in a tad of trouble at the top when a strong wind only gac=ve about 10-15 ft visibility. Yellowstone was great as usuall. Never saw old faithful at nite. Very nice. Las vegas was hot and Hard Rock Cafe was cool. Death Valley was amazeing.(44c) Red Wood forest was treat. Just right temp, nice sweepers mixed with switch-backs. Trees thet you can ride through. (2500 years old and still growing) Pacific cost highway was beautiful as well. Then back into washingto/spokane, BC, and home. Camping was a lot of fun. Food was great. People were friendly. (always a story to be told at the gas stations)
Thought I would update the group on some of me expiditions for this year.
East coast in Sept.
Kevin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Places to see (and or avoid)   Places to see (and or avoid) Empty

Back to top Go down

Places to see (and or avoid)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Biker Blah Blah :: Biker Blah Blah :: General Chat-
Jump to: