Biker Blah Blah
Please login or register to access full benefits of this forum.
Biker Blah Blah
Please login or register to access full benefits of this forum.
Biker Blah Blah
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Biker Blah Blah

Forum for MBVROC, the Manitoba chapter of Vulcan Riders and Owners Club (VROC)

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MBVROC patch order is now available. Some spares, contact Dmon for details.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» just a "Hello"
First ride of the season EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 8:30 pm by TomW

» entire rear wheel assembly for 1600 Nomad
First ride of the season EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:58 am by Dmon

» Mustang seat and other stuff for 1500 Classic
First ride of the season EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 10:45 am by Dmon

» MBVROC Rides
First ride of the season EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 5:30 pm by Nomad

» riding in the rain
First ride of the season EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 9:54 am by TomW

» Garage in Winniopeg
First ride of the season EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 4:41 pm by TomW

» Sunday July 07.
First ride of the season EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 6:53 pm by TomW

» Motorcycle lift for sale
First ride of the season EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:59 pm by Dmon

» Future of MBVROC
First ride of the season EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 3:33 pm by TomW

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

First ride of the season

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PrairieGirl

PrairieGirl

First ride of the season Empty
PostSubject: First ride of the season   First ride of the season EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:57 pm

On Saturday I installed the battery, fired up the bike, did an oil change, and went for a ride! It was only 11 km, but still.....Very Happy Thanks to Mavrick, I aslo got new/used pipes installed, so now you should be able to hear me coming. I'm looking forward to seeing some (or all) of you for some rides in the coming weeks and months. Did anybody else get out on Saturday?
Back to top Go down
RIV

RIV

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season   First ride of the season EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 1:02 am

New guy here. I have to pick up my new to me motorcycle this weekend, but I took my 250 cc scooter out on Saturday and had a great little 50 mile ride. Planned just to go a mile or so down the highway to see how it was running, but it was such a great day I just kept going.
Sold it today to a guy in Nova Scotia, so I need to get my bike picked up. Hope the weather cooperates this week and we can all start riding.
Back to top Go down
Dmon
Admin
Dmon

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season   First ride of the season EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:33 pm

ARGH! You folks are killing me! I think I will need to work on the bikes this weekend and get them ready to ride. The batteries are charged already, just need to go over levels and such and install the batts. Too early for bugs in the teeth though....
Back to top Go down
https://mbvroc.canadian-forum.com
Bullet

Bullet

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season   First ride of the season EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 4:02 pm

Hey guys & gals... dusted off the steed, fired her up and went for a scoot yesterday for the first time this year! Very Happy
Felt so good to be out again. Been a long time commin`!!
Anyway hope to meet up with you folks in the very near future!!

Bullet
Back to top Go down
RIV

RIV

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season   First ride of the season EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:18 pm

Bullet, I see you are just down the road in Portage. Maybe we can hook up for a ride someday.
Back to top Go down
Bullet

Bullet

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season   First ride of the season EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:18 pm

Hey Hnausa... sounds good to me! I'm one of those "shiftworkers" with days off during the week and every other weekend. Just give me a shout... or I'll send you a message and we can plan a ride!
Back to top Go down
Bullet

Bullet

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season   First ride of the season EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:21 pm

By the way hnausa..... welcome to the group!! What are you riding?
Back to top Go down
Chili

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season   First ride of the season EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 4:19 pm

Having a hard time coordinating the weather and my shifts to get out to the storage place and pick up my bike! Hopefuly soon as I have a ton of stuff to get done to it before our big trip in June/July.

Back to top Go down
RIV

RIV

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season   First ride of the season EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 5:33 pm

Riding 900 Kowasaki Vulcan Classic LT. New to me 2006. I am recently retired, so almost any day works.
Back to top Go down
Dmon
Admin
Dmon

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season   First ride of the season EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:09 pm

hnausa wrote:
Riding 900 Kowasaki Vulcan Classic LT. New to me 2006. I am recently retired, so almost any day works.

Must be nice.... You can ride every day, almost makes the insurance worth it. Those 900's are sweet- if I was going to give up my baby VNix ('96 1500 Classic), I'd get a 900 I think.
Back to top Go down
https://mbvroc.canadian-forum.com
RIV

RIV

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season   First ride of the season EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:35 pm

Just rode it home from Winnipeg today and hoping to put on some miles this week. Just put on driver's backrest for the old guy (me) and tried to install the luggage rack I got from the States. Of course the holes won't line up. Have to get a friend of mine to make some modifications to it.
You are right that I can ride enough to make it worthwhile. Have not ridden in 25 years, but bought a 250 cc scooter last summer. Put 13 000 km on it and decided I needed a bike and somehow my wife agreed.
Back to top Go down
RIV

RIV

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season   First ride of the season EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 7:18 pm

If I have confused anyone, just getting rid of old name Hnausa and changing biker name ot RIV. Easier for people to pronounce. LOL
Back to top Go down
Bullet

Bullet

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season   First ride of the season EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 9:53 am

Chili wrote:
Having a hard time coordinating the weather and my shifts to get out to the storage place and pick up my bike! Hopefuly soon as I have a ton of stuff to get done to it before our big trip in June/July.

I hear ya Chili... where you headin this summer on your "big trip".
Back to top Go down
Chili

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season   First ride of the season EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:08 am

Bullet wrote:

I hear ya Chili... where you headin this summer on your "big trip".

Planning to take 4 or 5 weeks off depending on how the two guys ahead of me book time off and head West.

Need to make some family visits in Calgary, Revelstoke, Surrey, Victoria before heading south down the US West coast. Planning to return through Montana and the Highway to the Sun in Glacier National Park.

You still planning to hook up with the folks headed to Alaska?

Back to top Go down
Bullet

Bullet

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season   First ride of the season EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:03 pm

Chili wrote:

You still planning to hook up with the folks headed to Alaska?

That will probably have to wait for another time... My daughter is getting married this year and is having a social around the time we were planning on heading out (Mid July). Looks like we may just head out to the west coast, see some family & freinds and maybe take a tour through Montana & the bad lands... we'll see how things look
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First ride of the season   First ride of the season Empty

Back to top Go down

First ride of the season
Page 1 of 1